Your cart is currently empty!
Jobs for Foreigners in Canada with Unskilled Visa Sponsorship
For foreigners who lack skills, Canada offers a plethora of opportunities with free Visa sponsorship. There are a few things you should think about in order to apply for some of these jobs and succeed to a high degree. In Canada, there are millions of open positions in every sector of the economy for foreign workers.
Visa Sponsorships for Unskilled Foreigners
As an applicant, if you are determined to work in Canada, you will need to look for an employer that is ready to work you through the Visa process and at the same time sponsor your visa.
After successfully getting an employer that is fully ready to sponsor your visa, these are some of the thing’s employers could take up.
- Getting you accommodation
- Airline ticket payment
- Paying for medical insurance
- Signing up for an occupational safety insurance
Note: Applicants should take note of this, Canadian employers most times don’t sponsor foreign employees directly, rather they apply for a (LMIA) Labor Market Impact Association from the Canadian and Social Development on your behalf.
The LMIA is like a permit for employers to hire foreign workers for any available vacancy.
Unskilled Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
Below are some of the unskilled visa sponsorship jobs available in Canada for foreigners.
- Truck drivers
- Nurse aides
- Meat cutters
- Patient service associate
- Farm workers
- Machine operators
- Construction laborers
- Seafood plant workers
- Beverage Laborers
- Food laborers
Steps in Getting Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
As a foreigner looking for jobs in Canada, there are some processes you need to follow; from looking for vacancies to applying for the job and finally traveling to take up the job. Below are some of the most basic and important steps you need to undergo to secure a job in Canada.
- You will have to register on international recruitment agencies online in order to get access to jobs available in Canada that you can apply for.
- You will need to tailor your resume to fit the requirements of Canadian employers and also add internationally supported contact details.
- Also make proper findings on companies you want to apply to. This will help you know if the company likes employing foreigners and also the percentage of foreigners currently employed in their company.
- Work on your social profiles. Platforms like LinkedIn help you get a professional online profile. Ensure you get one if you don’t have or update your existing account because employers always check out your profile before contacting you for a job.
- Always be ready to answer international video and audio calls from where you are. This is important, as employers will contact you via video for some questions regarding your readiness to work for them.
Worthy of note is the fact that you will need a work permit before you will be able to take up a job offer from employers. If you have been given a job offer by an employer in Canada, you should apply for a work permit through any of the following;
TFWP – Temporary Foreign Workers Program
AWP – Agricultural Worker Program
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
CIWP – Critical Impact Worker program
Getting started as an Unskilled Worker in Canada
You have learnt the steps on how to get a job and what Canadian employers expect from foreign unskilled workers. It is time to actually start your journey as a Canadian worker. Employees can either apply for temporary programs or permanent programs based on their needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Platforms Can I Find Jobs for Unskilled Foreign Workers?
Lots of platforms list job vacancies available in Canada both for skilled and unskilled workers. Below are some of the platforms you can start your search with online.
- Indeed Jobs
What are the Best Highest Paying Unskilled Jobs in Canada?
Below are the top paying jobs for unskilled workers in Canada.
- Sales manager
- Truck driver
- Home caregiver
- Train drivers
- Construction managers
Getting a job in Canada is easy if you know and follow the required processes. This article has outlined all the procedures applicants have to undergo in order to land and start working as a foreigner in Canada.